{5 on friday} #2

Happy Friday! Is it just me, or does this week feel like it has flown by?!? I'm excited to be linking up with some of my favorite bloggers for a new series called "Five on Friday"! Such a fun way to wrap up the week, and if you're like me, I love having "a little bit of direction" on what to write about!
 
 
{one} mimosa bar + brunch
Two weekends ago, I hosted a brunch for some of my co-workers. I have been dying to use my "mimosa bar goodies" for quite some time, so this was my perfect opportunity! It was so fun! I'm ready for my next get together! Brunch, anyone?!?
 
 
{two} this quote
If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this quote I posted the other day! I love it so much, I wanted to share here! I think sometimes we forget to just be our self. We live in a culture that tells us "how to look", "what to wear", "the perfect size", "the perfect this and the perfect that"...and on and on. While those things aren't necessarily bad, they can definitely begin to have an affect on us. A lesson I had to learn {and am still learning and probably will continue to learn} is that comparison is the thief of joy. Isn't that so true? Ok, I'm done preaching....maybe this was just a little something I needed to hear at the moment.   
 
 
{three} can't get enough of this...
If you know me at all, you know I have a slight problem with all things sweet! I am normally a chocoholic, but recently tried this Banana Pudding ice cream and can't get enough! It really does taste just like homemade southern banana pudding! Go buy it! You'll thank me later! ;)
 
 
{four} guilty pleasure
It's back! The Bachelorette! The time of year when my hubby returns to the bedroom to watch TV {he is most definitely not a fan}! Did anyone watch Monday night? I think Desiree seems so sweet and genuine. As far as the guys...not too sure yet! The season premiere is always a little awkward for me to watch, I must admit. What can I say, I'm hooked!
 
  
{five} back to the beach
So excited to be heading to the beach again this weekend! We get to spend the weekend with some of our family, celebrate a special birthday and take E on her first boat ride {just to name a few of our weekend activities}! Summer...you're oh so close! Only a week left of work until summer break {officially} begins!

 
Here's to the weekend, friends!

6 comments :

Katie said...

I posted about The Bachelorette also! I'm with you, definitely not sold on ANY of those guys yet! The first night is always so awkward though.

Hope y'all have a fun beach weekend! :)

P!nky said...

Your lil girl is so precious!

I love the mimosa bar. That was the one request I made for my bridal shower next month. I'm so stinking excited :)!

Oh the beach :)

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

I love that mimosa bar. I need that ice cream, banana pudding is one of my favorites! Have a great time at the beach!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Weekend! I will try that ice cream ASAP because I too have a slight obsession with all things sweet.

Colleen Sullivan said...

What a pretty mimosa bar! So very "pinworthy"! And such a fun way to enjoy some bubbly :)

Banana Pudding ice cream? Sign me up! Although I'm a vanilla flavor faithful I also love fun new flavors for ice cream! I just tried Talenti Sea Salted Caramel gelato and it is to DIE for!

Emily said...

Love how the Mimosa Bar turned out!!! Happy Summer, Friend!!