{All About Mommy} when in need

Hi!  I'm Shay!  Some people know me as the Mix and Match Mama...

...a foodie blogger who makes food simple and delicious for busy women on the go.

Some people know me as their mama...


...that's Kensington and Smith.  They're 3 and 4 and make my world go round.

And some people know me as the Bachelor's big sister...


...that's me and my little brother Sean.  

But...my most important role...I am a child of God.  Saved by grace.  Thank you Jesus that I have that role.

My road to mommyhood wasn't easy.  It was long and complicated and really made me dig deep to find my faith, peace, joy and happiness in Christ.  You can read all about my struggles to become a mom here.

A lot of women ask me where I draw comfort in times of heartache...in times of struggle and uncertainty.  For me, I always go back to the scripture.  Here are some of my favorite scriptures that help me when I'm having a hard time...

For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

Do not be anxious about anything.  But in everything with prayer and petition and thanksgiving in your heart, present your requests to God and a peace that transforms all others will guard your heart and your mind. Philippians 4:6-7

Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9


I feel like the Bible is the very best way to spend time with God...but if you need a little supplication...a little something to help you get started, this book is amazing...


You can find it online here.  It's a daily devotional of scripture...the perfect way to start your day.


Being a mom is the most wonderful job I'll ever have...but it's also the hardest.  No mom is perfect.  No mom has all the answers.  No mom can fix anything.  That's why I think it's so important as moms to memorize scripture, read our Bibles, pray, pray, and pray some more for our roles as mothers.

Thank you so much Jennifer for letting me share with you and your readers today!  You can keep up with my family life everyday over at Mix and Match Family, my foodie blog is Mix and Match Mama, I'm on Pinterest here, Twitter here and Face Book here.

I love new mommy friends who have hearts for their families and the Lord! 

6 comments :

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hi Jen! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your blog today! XOXO

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Visiting Shay over here and getting to see your blog! Great blog! And your little one is absolutely precious!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Stopping by from Shay's blog. You're beautiful Jen and so is your little one! I couldn't agree more with Jesus Calling, I crack it open every morning before my eyes can even focus properly.

Unknown said...

Great blog, what a cute little one! I just started my blog and would love anyone to stop by and check it out. Thanks so much!
www.happierhappenings.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Wonderful post and such powerful verses for Momma's and woman alike! Thanks for sharing!

Jaren said...

Wonderful post! Beautiful scriptures!