{all about mommy}

Happy May! It's hard for me to believe we're already in the fifth month of the year! Yikes...time is flying! With Mother's Day approaching quickly, I thought it would be fun to do a series titled "All About Mommy" life + loves + lessons and everything in between. I have some fun guest bloggers that will be posting within the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned! I'm still a newbie at this guest blogging, but love when others do it, so thought I would give it a try myself! ;) 
 

Since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of being a mommy. In fact, I was "so ready", that I thought I would help my mom and dad out and try and help parent my little sister...thus the nickname "Mama Bear". I will never forget the moment I found out I was going to be a mom. It is a feeling like no other filled with lots of emotions. "Will I ever be able to do this?" "I can't believe my dream is coming true." "Ahh....I've had names picked out for 10+ years, but now it is real!" I could go on and on, but I know you know what I'm talking about!


The one piece of advice I would give that has made a huge impact on my life as a mommy is to have a group of women that you can connect with that have children the same age or around the same age. There is just something about sharing life with someone who gets it.  I've mentioned before that I attend a MOPS group and have loved every single second. Our group has really connected with each other {which I realize not every group does, but that is okay} and enjoy each other outside of our MOPS meetings. We've done anything from play dates to mom's night out at Cheesecake factory to a pottery place to make Christmas gifts. Even if it is not an organized group, schedule regular times to get together, if for nothing else than your own sanity! You NEED to have some adult interaction with mommy's who are experiencing the same day in and day out routines as you {or at least similar}. It is also important for the little ones to get together {and is often a nice little break for mommy if you do have an organized group with childcare provided}.


I've also really enjoyed reading a book called Grace Based Parenting. The author, Tim Kimmel, came and spoke at our church earlier this year. He presented grace in a way I had never heard before and applied it to parenting. I highly recommend this book!


Stay with me, not all of the blog entries will be as serious! ;-) I hope you're as excited as I am for the rest of the entries! They're gonna be good....I can promise you that! Happy day, friends!   

4 comments :

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

I love this idea! I love connecting with other moms, even through their blogs!

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

love this - i can tell you are SUCH a good mommy!! xox

Ashley Brickner said...

Just found your blog! Love it! Excited to be your newest follower!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

rachel said...

What a fun series! Have so enjoyed reading all the mommy stories. :) Thanks for sharing!