Make a Joyful Noise

Each day, I love getting to read about our sweet baby. This morning I was reading in "The Pregnancy Journal" and discovered this...over the next three days, Baby D's vocal cords will form in his or her larynx (voice box). I thought this was extra special with the line of work I'm in. I couldn't help but sit and reflect this morning. These are the vocal folds that will produce our baby's first cry, his or her first babble and coo, their first word, the words "mommy" and "daddy" and "I love you"! It's hard to even hold back my tears while I write this. Isn't our Creator so amazing? I think the best sounds we'll hear from our baby is the sound of him or her praising our Father. This is the verse that came to mind while reading in my journal this morning ~

"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
Come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
Give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100: 1-4

1 comment :

Sarah said...

So precious Jenni! I can tell you that first cry is probably one of the most precious sounds I have ever heard - and the second was when I heard Braden say "Mama" and then "I Love You". You are going to be such a sweet Mommy! I can't wait!!