{tasty tuesday} herbed goat cheese bites

Oh my goodness, yumminess! I can just taste Spring with this kind of recipe. This can be prepared the day before, or the day of, either way, it is sure to please whomever partakes! Happy Tasty Tuesday!

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf thyme leaves
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
  • 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
  • 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
  • 1 (8-oz.) goat cheese log
  • 1 (8-oz.) French bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
  • 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
Directions
  1. 1. Combine and finely chop first 4 ingredients. Roll cheese log evenly in herb mixture; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
  2. 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Drizzle baguette slices with olive oil. Gently press slices into 24 muffin cups in muffin pans.
  3. 3. Bake at 350° for 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven; let cool in pans 5 minutes.
  4. 4. Spread goat cheese into baguette cups; top with sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.
 

3 comments :

Mike and Sam Jasch said...

Jenni, this looks so yummy! I know what I'm making for my next girls night! xo

Sarah said...

I've kinda lately become obsessed with goat cheese so I might have to try these!

Also wanted to invite you to link up the Easter basket post you did a few days ago to my blog hop that went live this morning. I'd love to send a few more readers your way!

Also, hope you'll follow along as I'll be giving away something from Stella and Dot within the next few weeks!

Jen said...

Thanks, Sarah! I just linked up with your Easter basket post! I always welcome more readers! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter! I'll stay tuned for the Stella and Dot giveaway...I LOVE S&D!