{tasty tuesday} mother's day edition

  This coming Sunday is a special day as we honor all the mommy's in the world, so I wanted to do just that with my posts this week.  There are many recipes that come to mind when I think of my momma, but one of my {our} very favorites is her Kentucky Derby Pie.  I don't know if there are enough words to describe this delectable, yummy, ever so tasty recipe!  It melts the second you put it in your mouth...take my word for it, OR better yet, here is the recipe for you to make it yourself {you might not have enough to share with others}!


Kentucky Derby Pie





Cooking Time: 1 hour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup white Karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick margarine
1 cup pecans
1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
1 small carton of Cool Whip
Pillsbury Pie Crust

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In mixing bowl, mix together sugar, eggs Karo syrup and vanilla.  Melt the butter and then add rest of the ingredients.  Pour into uncooked pie crust. Bake 60 minutes {checking it every now and then, but around that time unless your oven is super hot}. Allow to cool and set for at least 10-20 minutes after taking it out of the oven.  Top it off with some Cool Whip and enjoy a delicious Kentucky tradition {the state I was born...in case some of you didn't know}!


My beautiful momma inside and out!  I'm so thankful to have her not only as my mom, but as Ella's Mimi!   



1 comment :

Staci Lancaster said...

Ohh that pie looks amazing! i need to make it asap!