{mod podge letters - diy}

I've seen many ideas like this on Pinterest, various blogs, etc. I decided it was time to make my own {just in time for Ella's 6 month pictures}. This is a simple project, ladies! It is cheap, easy, and looks good too!



Materials Needed:

1. Wooden letter of your choice. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby.
  
2. Mod Podge. I used the matte finish.

3. A craft brush to spread the Mod Podge.

4. A craft knife -OR- scissors {if you're like me}.

5. Scrapbook paper of your choice.

6. A sanding block, or fine grit sandpaper.


How to make {sorry I didn't take step-by-step pictures}:

1. Trace the letter you are going to use onto your scrapbook paper.

2. Cut out the letter with your craft knife and/or scissors. I guess if you're really wanting super perfection, the knife would be good, but I used scissors and it came out great!

3. Now spread a layer of mod podge onto your wooden letter, making sure to cover the entire letter.

4. Place the scrapbook paper letter on top of your wooden letter. Line up carefully and press down firmly. Smooth gently with your hand. If you want, you can spread with a credit card to ensure no bubbles.

5. Now turn the letter over. You will notice that there is a bit of paper that is probably hanging over the edges. Just use your craft knife/scissors to carefully cut away any of the excess paper. I guess this is where the knife might really come in handy! :)

6. If you wish, you can now give your letter another coat of Mod Podge to seal it. This is not necessary, but does give it a bit of extra protection.

And finally, you'll get this...




See....no big deal! Enjoy and happy DIY projects! 

2 comments :

Melinda said...

What a great project! I NEED to do this. Oh - and I love the chevron paper you chose. Very cute!

Leslie said...

This is so cute Jen!