{green smoothie obsession + recipe}

I have seen people write and talk about "green" smoothies for a long time now, but honestly, it didn't sound that appetizing to me! I don't know what convinced me {other than I'm in a wedding in 4 months and bathing suit season is right around the corner....YIKES}, but I decided to make my first smoothie last week! Let me just say this....don't "judge a book by it's cover" - meaning, don't be scared of the scary greenish color! It was absolutely delish! You cannot taste the spinach AT ALL! Tastes just like a strawberry-banana smoothie. I've been making them for breakfast for the past week and plan to continue {but with some different recipes}. They are very filling, plus just knowing they are full of healthy "stuff" makes them all the better! This is the recipe I have been using....give it a try....I'm pretty sure you'll thank me later!! ;))
Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk {this is what I've been using, or you can use milk of choice}
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
2 cups fresh spinach leafs
1/2 cups fresh/frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
1/2 T. honey
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix away! It's that easy!
And, CHEERS!!!


Brooke Haas said...

You have OFFICIALLY encouraged me to try this. Strawberry banana is my fave smoothie anyway, might as well make a healthy one this way! Headed to the grocery store today to pick up the supplies, thank you!!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

I love me a good smoothie! Yummmm!! Annnd wedding season + summer so close = eeeeek!! Xx.

Jess Norden said...

YUM!! I love a good smoothie!! Thanks for reminding me that bathing suit season is creeping up on us!! I need to get my booty in gear!!

Christina McGuire said...

Hope you stop by my blog today... I just posted my green recipe for my daily green smoothie. All I do is add water to mine ( I don't do the dairy in mine) and blend.


Jodi said...

I love green smoothies! And it's how I get veggies in my son ;)