{DIY monogram wreath}

  These rainy days have forced me to get creative {and tackle some projects I've been wanting to accomplish}! Todays project was the monogram wreath I talked about last week. My front door is thanking me for a fresh new look! It is an easy, inexpensive, and quick project. Here goes...

Materials: All items purchased at Hobby Lobby

Grapevine wreath {I used 24 inch wreath}
Flowers of choice {I used 4 stems of white hydrangeas and 1 stem of green hydrangeas}
Initial letter
Acrylic paint
Sponge
Hot glue gun




 Step 1: Get materials together. Pull the flowers off the stems. Paint your initial in color of choice OR you could even modge podge with your favorite scrapbook paper.

Step 2: Hot glue flowers onto the wreath. I put glue on both the wreath as well as the flowers to make sure they were as secure as they could be.

Step 3: After the paint is dry on the letter, glue the initial onto the wreath. Again...I put lots and lots of hot glue to make sure it would stay. I'm just hoping it does {not so sure with all this Houston humidity}. If not...I'll come up with plan b {and will let you know}! And finally....you're set and ready to hang it on your door for the world to see!

Simple simple simple! Let me know if you have any good ideas or tips you use with DIY wreaths! Happy Wednesday, my friends!


1 comment :

Leslie said...

Love it Jen!! I want one!